COVID-19 - September 19, 2021 Update
Dear Valued Clients:
We know that you are all tired of this pandemic, we are too. With the updated restrictions in place, we are unable to maintain the recommended distance with clients in the building, so we have made the difficult decision to change our admittance process and resume curbside services to help ensure the safety of our associates and clients.
We will no longer be admitting clients into the hospital and will instead be conducting communication over the phone regarding patient care. Client, patient, and staff safety is extremely important to everyone at Erin Ridge Veterinary Centre and we have enacted these changes to do our part in limiting the spread of COVID-19. We thank you for your patience and understanding while we transition back to these procedures.
Please see the instructions below that will guide you through the new admittance, treatment, and discharge processes.
If you have called in to the hospital and have a scheduled appointment:
- Please remain in your car and call the main hospital number at 780-419-2108 to notify a team member that you have arrived.
- A team member will perform the check-in over the phone, then meet you outside to bring your pet in when we are ready to evaluate them. The attending veterinarian will then call you after examining your pet to discuss a plan for treatment. Please remain at the hospital in your car throughout this process.
- We ask that you please wear a mask or face covering when interacting with our team members, even outside. Your consideration for our safety is appreciated.
If you are picking up medications or food and do not have an appointment:
- Please call 780-419-2108 and speak with an associate. Alternatively, please knock on the door or window and an associate will come to help.
We would be happy to accept payment over the phone or can bring the terminal out to you.
Please note that previously implemented policies are still in place:
- If you are ill or experiencing flu-like or respiratory symptoms (fever, coughing or shortness of breath), please reschedule your pet’s appointments.
- If your pet requires urgent care, and you are ill, or in quarantine (self-quarantine or otherwise), please arrange for a friend or family member to bring in your pet for you. We will gladly work with you to communicate your pet’s care remotely.
- Follow self-isolation protocols and other current recommendations following recent travel or other exposure.
- ***Please notify our staff if you are awaiting test results, are a close contact, are symptomatic, or are positive for COVID-19 we WILL still provide care for your pet, but we ask that you inform us so we know if there are further precautions we need to take.***
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in supporting the efforts of our team to reduce the speed of transmission of COVID-19 in our community by maintaining a safe and healthy environment for treatment of your pets.